Our mission is portrayed by the motto which highlights three priorities and two needs, and is linked to four distinctive aspects that have always characterized our actions.
Sharing Jesus from Student to Student
The Association acts in accordance with the points of faith listed below, which the members of the Association subscribe to. These are points of faith that gather what is essential to the Christian faith and common to many churches:
- The unity of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit in the Godhead.
- The sovereignty of God in creation, revelation, redemption and final judgment.
- The divine inspiration and entire trustworthiness of Holy Scripture, as originally given, and its supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- The universal sinfulness and guilt of all people since the fall, rendering them subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
- Redemption from the guilt, penalty, dominion and pollution of sin, solely through the sacrificial death (as our representative and substitute) of the Lord Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God.
- The bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ from the dead and his ascension to the right hand of God the Father.
- The presence and power of the Holy Spirit in the work of regeneration.
- The justification of the sinner by the grace of God through faith alone.
- The indwelling and work of the Holy Spirit in the believer.
- The one holy universal Church which is the body of Christ and to which all true believers belong.
- The expectation of the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Gruppi Biblici Universitari is organized as an association: Associazione Gruppi Biblici Universitari (GBU).