We want to be present in every Italian university and, through the testimony of evangelical students who are able to share their faith effectively, see other students decide to follow Jesus Christ. That is why they need to be guided and strengthened by Bible study and prayer. They need a solid and well-organized structure and a staff composed of believers who put their gifts to the service of the gospel and are an example of the Christian life.
We want to see these students graduate with responsibility and a committed integrity to a life and a testimony that can influence the human and professional contexts where they live and work, putting their gifts and talents to the service of the gospel, church and society.
Click here to view our vision in PDF format
Our mission is portrayed by the motto which highlights three priorities and two needs, and is linked to four distinctive aspects that have always characterized our actions.
Sharing Jesus from Student to Student
To reach students of each city or university campus, of all ethnicities and backgrounds. To share their faith and encourage each student to embark on a journey in the knowledge of the Gospel and to come to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
To answer questions in a way that is relevant to the cultural and social issues that emerge in our nation, in the universities and to the personal challenges that every student we come into contact with has to face and overcome.
To strengthen each student in their own faith. Encouraging them to live it out in their own settings and develop the ability to share it alone or in groups so that individual students and groups can respond and reach other students.
To research, promote, and develop a functional movement structure with roles and functions based on the gifts and talents of everyone. To see growth in the local responsibilities that feed on local resources. To encourage fellowship in the movement and sense of ownership between groups and students.
To seek, promote and develop relationships with churches of every Gospel denomination, as well as other related and useful activities with universities and graduates at the end of their academic course. To do as much as possible to be perceived as an opportunity and to offer the same chance to others, exercising honest and conscious discernment. Developing the relationship with IFES as well as with similar movements in other countries.
We are a Christian evangelical movement
which centres around the Bible
which empowers students and promotes their initiative
who wants to build the Italian evangelical church, being an arm and not a substitute
international and interdenominational
The Association acts in accordance with the points of faith listed below, which the members of the Association subscribe to. These are points of faith that gather what is essential to the Christian faith and common to many churches:
- The unity of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit in the Godhead.
- The sovereignty of God in creation, revelation, redemption and final judgment.
- The divine inspiration and entire trustworthiness of Holy Scripture, as originally given, and its supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- The universal sinfulness and guilt of all people since the fall, rendering them subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
- Redemption from the guilt, penalty, dominion and pollution of sin, solely through the sacrificial death (as our representative and substitute) of the Lord Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God.
- The bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ from the dead and his ascension to the right hand of God the Father.
- The presence and power of the Holy Spirit in the work of regeneration.
- The justification of the sinner by the grace of God through faith alone.
- The indwelling and work of the Holy Spirit in the believer.
- The one holy universal Church which is the body of Christ and to which all true believers belong.
- The expectation of the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Gruppi Biblici Universitari is organized as an association: Associazione Gruppi Biblici Universitari (GBU).